Tuesday in The Garden Door
Programs for Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 7:00 pm
Featured speakers at June's Tuesday in The Garden Door
- Jim Baxter will speak on What Happens When A Gardener Becomes A Beekeeper. Jim is a Master Gardener Volunteer who has gardened most of his adult life. Three years ago he became a beekeeper, which has dramatically altered his outlook on gardening. (June 18-24 is National Pollinator Week.)
- Karen Kidd will speak on Navigating A Garden Center: How To Make The Right Choice About The Right Plant To Get The Right Result. Karen is a long-time Master Gardener Volunteer who oversees the Door County Master Gardeners’ plant sale and greenhouse production.
- Tom Luebker will speak on Growing Strawberries. Tom is a Master Gardener Volunteer who has spoken frequently at the Crossroads educational series on a variety of gardening and landscaping topics and who has grown and sold strawberries commercially.
Important Information for Those Attending Tuesday in The Garden Door Programs
- These programs are held in The Garden Door located on the grounds of the University of Wisconsin Peninsular Agricultural Research Station at 4312 North Highway 42, Sturgeon Bay.
- They will occur rain or shine. If it's raining, the programs will occur in the classroom on the research station grounds.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own chairs and to dress for the weather.
- The programs are offered outdoors in The Garden Door. The Garden has paved paths but the programs might involve some walking on uneven surfaces.
2018 Gardening Educational Series
The Door County Master Gardener Association wishes to thank all those who attended our 2018 Gardening Educational Series. We hope that everyone came away with knowledge that will enhance their understanding of gardening and the role it plays in sustaining a greener environment. We invite you to attend programs offered during next year's educational series. Watch this website next fall for more information.
For more information related to previous year programs, go to our Educational Resources page.